Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102

Thread: What is.......life to you???

  1. #61
    HB Forum Owner mRs.GaToR's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2001
    Posts
    1,883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by The Reverend Dark Angel:
    So basically you wait for someone to come along to inspire you so that you can get off your ass and accomplish something? That may not be what you meant, but that's how I took it. Why not be your own motovation? Just make up your mind that you can and that you will and then just fuckin' do it. I used to wait around until I figured out that if you wait long enough, you'll just be dead. What's the point in that?
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Verdana, Arial">I am my own motivation, I do make up my mind that
    I can and I do. Just every once in a while
    EVERYONE needs that good swift kick to get them
    moving again..I used to wait around too...and I
    damn near ended up dead thanks to the ex...and
    honey.....if you knew me well enough you would
    know I am NOT the kind to just sit around on my
    ass.........hell everyone is always bitching
    at me to just sit and relax for a change...you
    see......that is part of my problem....i am
    hyperactive....too much activity...and at times
    it is NOT good for me....i get derailed all the
    time...move from one thing to another...and Daves
    point brought to me that I needed to stop...and
    just do what I promised my son I would do for him
    and NOT worry about everything else going on in
    my life and in my house! It was good for me and
    my sons to spend a day just us....not worrying
    about house cleaning, paying bills, school work
    yadda yadda yadda.........just doing a task that
    required our time and my concentration....
    something that I am not very good at..concentrating
    on one thing at a time........I know there are
    some here who understand what I am talking about......
    and just so you understand.....i am not upset
    by your comments....just telling you what I really
    meant.......
    and miss Kassy.......*HUGS* ya back!

    <font color="#dbdbda" size="1">[ July 07, 2005 12:51 AM: Message edited by: mRs.GaToR ]</font>

  2. #62
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im not sure i get daves point...about TJ waiting a bit longer....


    but MrS GATOR.....JUDY CONGRATULATIONS...that is the best feeling isn't it? You deserve to smile ALL day... way to goo... you have more in you than even you realize....keep moving towards your goals my friend.....

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #63
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm..I think I got what Dave implied..and to be quite honest..You are wrong in saying that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so long as it dosnt hurt anyone. I dont want Tj to die..and I dont think you really want him to either do you dave? Maybe his way of wording things was harsh..but I dont see Judy getting rude over it..nor do i see her being offended over it. I think she took it as he meant it and read it correctly. Sometimes we need to read whats said and not take it personally..to maybe cut the person who posted some slack..I truly dont think he was being mean by what he said..I see him saying Dont look to anyone else for inspiration be it yourself..amen to that..cuz eventually your inspiration will let you down..ONLY you can prevent yourself from letting yourself down. So there is no blame later on anyone else..Tj you may have said it harsh..but i heard ya..and I do get it!

    Now I know dave will get his panties in a wad after he reads this. But Im not jumping on him..I just stating that..the sarcasm wasnt needed..maybe some of his words of wisdom were..maybe reading it and seeing it differently before acting on it? or maybe just plain old..whatever tj and moving on. I dont like the implication that anyone needed to die..at all joking or not.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #64
    Inactive Member The Reverend Dark Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    1,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm always blunt in whatever I say and it often comes across as offensive. I wasn't trying to state that Mrs. Gator was a lazy ass dimwit or anything, I was just asking a question the way I always do, directly. So Gat, if you were offended by it I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to be taken that way. But thank you for answering me, I do appriciate it and am glad that I was able to see how you felt and believe.

    And yeah, I took Dave's comment as he wanted me to die too.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member Kassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2001
    Posts
    964
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    My friends.......
    Sometimes I will read a post, and say to myself "self, stay out of it".
    But at the same time i care about everyone on this thread.
    So therefore, i will go out on a limb and say the following...
    In r/t....people can say something, and we take it a certain way, when in fact, the speaker, had meant it another way.
    Also in v/t, when words are posted...we can read a million different things into it..take it the way we see fit...when in fact someone else, will read it a COMPLETELY different way.
    I am not using this case in particular.........
    But this has happened to me many times before.
    I will post something, and someone gets mad/upset...over something I meant in a TOTALLY different way.
    And dare i say, even in my marriage, if hubby says something some day.....i think "******" when in fact, he meant just the opposite!!! *L*
    I just simply want to say, that this is some GREAT group of friends/family we have here, and I wish, the best for all of you.
    In r/t as v/t there are peeps with all different personalities, and sometimes, that is when the problem begins.
    Me, I am too sensitive, everyone knows that about me.
    I will cry at the f'n drop of a dime sometimes.
    I care, i believe too much?? about people, and making sure they are ok.
    Anyway, i will shut up now......
    For those of you who know me, know that, i TRULY, try to keep the peace, and hope that we remain a special "group/family/friends", as always!!!
    ~peace~ [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    Kassy~*~*~

  6. #66
    HB Forum Owner mRs.GaToR's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2001
    Posts
    1,883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    TJ..when I read your post and then reread mine,
    I realized how it sounded...I just wanted to
    explain what I had really wanted to say in the
    first place........that make any sense? Im too
    tired tonite.....*L* anyway.......this is the
    new Chilly.........the old Chilly would have told
    you to fuk off and booted ya outta the room like
    I used to do to Evo all the time! *LMAO*

    And my little Demon.....i have been smiling REAL
    big all day! I know I may expect too much of
    myself at times, and Im not trying to prove
    anything to anyone but me! Dylon and the lil men
    have been supporting me through all of this even
    though I have to give up a lot of time with them...and
    they dont expect me to make the Deans list every
    time.....but they let me know how proud they are
    of me and it feels pretty damn good! Which
    reminds me.......i have to call my momma and let
    her know! oops.......i forgot *L*

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Kassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2001
    Posts
    964
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    ~hugs ya tight MRS.G~
    I am so happy for you............
    Keep on going........study, HARD.........learn......keep on reaching for the stars.......
    I am so happy for u hon.........
    ~hugs~
    Kassy*~~*~**
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member Father Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2002
    Posts
    3,088
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    first off i was not defending judy- she needs not my defense.
    i was making MY opinion of how i feel "tj" stated things. MY opinion. i took it as though he felt that people with disabilities sit on their asses and with many years working with physically and mentally challenged folks, i know it just ain't so.

    as far as the wanting anyone to die...whether ya sit on yer ass or ya sell it or ya work it off...none of us are gettin out of here alive.
    my point was if "tj" sat around a little longer
    he may have seen a better way other than just to die.

    rude? not my intent...but i admit that its hard sometimes to back off of someone who seems to be the post police, topic police etc. (yes "tj" that is a comment and MY opinion of you at times)and i am allowed that i presume. as far as you thinking i want you dead...re-read it. i don't know you well enuf to make comments on your life-just your posts...like anyone else.

    chele- i don't wear panties...and yes ya were kinda jumping on me...but its your board and i respect that. as far as your suggestions as to how i should have responded...thanks, but you've known me long enuf to know i say what i feel.
    as far as the sarcasm not being needed...that to me is also an opinion. it may not have been sarcasm at all.

    i admit i am quick to jump on issues about people with disabilities-i will not apologize for doing so...i not only talk the talk, i walk that walk every day.

    oh...the "hurray for you" WAS sarcasm...i just re-read it. "my bad" as the kids say.

    and "tj" i think you and i have many, many differences...one of the biggest is our ages and our life experiences. but one thing i know for sure...i have been your age...you haven't been mine- but i hope you get there and then some.

    dave

  9. #69
    Inactive Member Kassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2001
    Posts
    964
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Just, loves everyone here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I am leaving the board now...........to return tomorrow or the next day or day after........
    ~hugs dave~
    ~hugsTJ~
    ~hugs chelle~
    ~hugs chloe~
    ~hugs CG~
    ~hugs MYSELF~
    May we all continue on this path to the unkown.....PEACE, my friends.....
    nite [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    FIIIIIIIIII, I FORGOT TO HUG YOU!!!, sorry hon *L*
    <font color="#dbdbda"><font size="1">[ July 07, 2005 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Kassy ]</font></font>

    <font color="#dbdbda"><font size="1">[ July 07, 2005 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Kassy ]</font></font>
    [img]redface.gif[/img]

    <font color="#dbdbda" size="1">[ July 08, 2005 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Kassy ]</font>

  10. #70
    Inactive Member demon chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2001
    Posts
    12,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would have to say.... I rarely see anyone dismiss or taaunt people with disabilities on this board. I would like to think, that I myself would be one to take out the trash that diss'z individuals with differences.

    In fact, I have always prided myself on the fact that my board does the opposite. We lift people up rather than drag them down. After reflecting a bit I actually went back to the archives to check posts... thinking perhaps i've missed something.

    There is alot of 'fluff' on this board. I post a lot of junk about nothing in particular to be honest. It's what i've always done. It's my home... I feel comfy being me here. It's a well known fact im not comfortable everywhere else. I used to post the stuff that ate at my heart, that nipped at my toes and forced me to dance. That I no longer do. For many reasons.

    This board is quiet. Sometimes Chele and I talk about its end. Not sadly, just matter of factly. We will both know confidently when that time is upon us. Right now, we aren't anywhere close to that. That post from the Leno show a few weeks ago proved to me that I love it here. Cracked me up for days.

    K... back to the issue at hand. Do we really diss people here? If it happens, someone please, fill me in because I am not seeing it.

    One thing I am aware of though, is people with differences are more sensitive to things that others may dismiss at a glance. We are all people with differences. My butt end might be wide as a trailer and Kassy's might be tight like an onion.... therefore if Joe Schmoe cracks a joke about fat butts I might get a bit sensitive but that is natural. We are human beings, our personalities are as diverse as species of flowers.... a pretty dynamic list...

    I, for one, am a sensitive soul. Chele knows this all too well. I've been through a lot in the last couple of years. More than my share and more than I'd care to in the last year... but yannooo... life sucks and then you die. It's all that suckiness that strengthens our souls and molds are ways to make us who we are.

    Love lost? Dealt. Lost another? Dealt.
    Cancer?... dealing every day...
    FInancial issues? Deal with by the minute.
    Taking away my MOm's home? Day to day.
    Searching out a nursing home? Day to day.
    Cleaning a home w/ 50 years of stuff? Endless.
    Wondering if I have money for food? Yes...
    Have a great boyfriend? Oh my yes. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    Wish I lived closer to him? uh huh....
    Know that the distance is temporary? WAHOO!
    Thankful for my few friends? ABsolutely
    Let go of the negative ones? Finally.
    Worry about the fat blobs on my thighs? Oh hellyeah.
    Love my dog? Endlessly.
    Have new outlets for my time and energy? YeP!
    Happier than i've been in a long time? OH YES!
    Found the old AMy? Hmm... yep [img]wink.gif[/img] hehe
    Learned a little? No... a lot.
    Disabled? Yep... in ways that arent visible to the nekid eye.... we all are.
    Scarred for life? YeP but proud of each one.
    Ready to leap? Been leaping for almost a year!
    Time to quit yappin'? Lord yes...


    So, in a nutshell. Attitudes are who we are. If TJ comes across sarcastic, that is him. No one has walked a minute in his shoes. I've heard a bit about his shoes and Id have to say... they havent always been rosey. Dave too, No one here has done Swan Lake in his toeshoes except him. Chele too, a mouthy fiery red head who holds her tongue til her fingers dance like fire on the keys... usually in wisdom but at times in irritation. It's who we are. I could go on and on, but the evidence is clear like formica... we are all so different.


    ** Disclaimer **

    I said what I had to say in respect. All of us here bring an essence that is unique to us. Behold the beauty in that. It's pretty amazing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •